Internship experience for university credit (6 ECTS)
EEBL provides continual assistance and support to further students' experience in pertinent fields and professions relating to their course of study. In order for internships to be valoid for university credit, students must completely carry out the procedures indicated below.
Find the Host Institution
Internships can be arranged in three different ways:
- through the Desk Imprese Office of Tor Vergata's School of Economics;
- by the students themselves. In this case, the internship must be approved by the coordinator of the Master in Science in European Economy and Business Law. Students should consult the list of internships on the EEBL website;
- by your Host Institution itself. For example, every year the British Embassy of Rome selects qualified EEBL students for a 3 or 6 month internship programme. For further information, students should refer to the Course Coordinator or to the MSc Programme Office.
The following documents are required to start any internship. All forms are available in the MSc Programme Office. The documents needed to start the internship are:
- The training agreement. A bilateral agreement between the Master of Science and the Host Institution in accordance with prevailing internship regulations. This agreement is made in two copies, one for each party. Both copies of the agreement must be first filled in by the Host Institution (without signing it). The completed copies of the agreement must be first signed by the course Coordinator for approval, and then signed by the Host Institution.
- The training project. A document which defines and describes the content of the internship must be drawn up. The training project must be printed in three copies, one for each party (i.e. the Master of Science, the Host Institution, the student). The three copies must be first filled in by the Host Institution and the student (without signing it). The completed copies of the training project must be first signed by the course Coordinator for approval, and then signed by the Host Institution and the student.
Duration and conditions
In order to be eligible for 6 credits, the internship must last at least three months and it must be full time. Changes in the above-mentioned conditions must be approved by the Coordinator of the Master of Science beforehand. To start the internship, the Host Institution must have at least one permanent employee.
Monitoring documents, final report and attendance sheet.
Fifteen days before the end of the internship the MSc Programme Office will send the student two monitoring forms by e-mail: one must be filled in by the Host Institution Supervisor and one by the student. At the end of the internship, the MSc Programme Office must also receive a Final Report filled in by the Host Institution Supervisor regarding the activity the student has carried out, the skills acquired and a general feedback on the internship experience. A copy of the Attendance Sheet signed by the Host Institution Supervisor and by the student must also be sent to the MSc Programme Office at the end of the internship.
It might be necessary to complete the following forms which are available through the MSc Programme Office:
- Internship Extension/Interruption form
- Student Transfer form