The exam is only written.
Students who actively participated to the course will receive 20% of their final grade from the homework and 80% from the final (this only applies to exams completed in the winter session following the course).
Students may participate to both trials (Appelli) during the winter session is they withdraw from the first trial before I correct it.
After my correction of the first trial, if they fail or do not accept the grade, they may participate to the second trial in the second session, but in this case the final grade will be a weighted average of the two trials (30% first trial, 70% second trial).
For all other exam sessions, students can participate to only one trial (to be selected in advance) and the final grade will be determined only by the exam.
THE FOLLOWING SECTION WAS ADDED FOR THE COVID19 EMERGENCY
Until the end of the emergency, or until new rules regarding the exams are decided by the Rector, the exam rules will be as follows:
1. As stated before the emergency, students can sit to only one of the two exams of the summer sessions and their final grade will be determined only by the exam (i.e. all bonus points earned during the course are expired).
2. The exam will be partly written and partly oral.
3. The written exam will be similar to the problem sets and to the written exams of the winter session.
4. The oral exam will take place in the days immediately following the written exam. It will start from the written exam and I will check that the student is not blindly applying some rules to solve the exercises but understands the main points leading to the solution. I may also ask questions about topics that were not included in the written exam but that I treated during the course (check the lecture notes for a detailed description of what I covered in class).
5. Students who wish to take the exam should: i) Register for the exam on Delphi. ii) Join the virtual class on Teams (class code: yjkamdl) iii)inform me by email.