FUNDAMENTALS OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Method of assessment
The method of assessment is based on Written Exam + Project Work + Assignments
The Written Exam (50% of the final mark) is the same for attending and non-attending students;
- During the written exam students can not use any other sheet, apart from those distributed by the professor. The use of mobile phones is strictly forbidden. Thus, bring only a pen, student card or identity card;
- If the written exam is passed with at least 18, students may refuse the score and come back to the next exam date (Please, come if you are well prepared!). The score obtained to the next exam date eliminate the previous one. If the score of the written exam is lower than 12 students cannot come in the next exam date;
- During the course there is the possibility to do a pre-exam that exonerate from the written exam of January. The pre-exam is divided in two parts. The first is a mid-term, while the second is at the end of the course. The final score of the written exam will be the average between the first and the second pre-exam. However in order to pass students have to achieve an average score of at least 18. Thus, if the average score is 17 the written exam must be repeated entirely on January. The final score of the pre exam is valid only for the first session (January).
- For the Mid Term of November students have to study Chapters I, II, III and the Special content on Criminal Organizations. Only students who pass the first Mid Term can partecipate in December to the final pre-exam (Chapters IV, V, VI and VII). Students who pass the first part of the pre-exam (in November) but not the second one (in December), have to take the entire exam in January.
For the Project Work (30% of the final mark) attending and non-attending students must present a word file and:
- Attending and non-attending students can discuss their Project Work during the course (see the analytical syllabus). Presenters are exempt from the oral exam on the PW. In order to be exempt from the oral exam on the PW students need to present their PW in one of the scheduled dates;
Non-attending students and attending students who decide not to discuss the PW on the scheduled dates, have two possibilities:
- they may discuss the PW on the exam date they choose for the examination. It is strongly recommended that the PW is presented, using a PPT presentation, on the same day by all members of the group. If it is not possible (e.g. because some group members are still in Erasmus) every student will be examined separately;
- attending and non-attending students can also record the video of the PW discussion, uploading-it on YouTube (click here for an example).
The Assignment is worth 20% of the final mark. The day of the written exam (except the pre-exam), students must indicate, in addition to Name, Matriculation Number and Project Work assigned, the number of assignments they completed. Moreover students have to bring the printed copy of their assignments that will be evaluated by the professor. The assignment must be completed for the date chosen for the exam. Students do not have to complete the assignment for the pre-exam.
Written exam: 25
Project work: 30
Final score = Written exam + Project work + Assignment = (25*50%) + (30*30%) + (25*20%) = 12,5 + 9 + 5 = 26.5 = 27
Pre-exam: Attending and non-attending students can do the pre-exam. However, it will be focused on the topics discussed during the course.