6 months Consular internship starting February 2024
The Consular Section of the British Embassy in Rome is offering a 6 month curricula internship starting February 2024.
The Consular Section assists British Nationals, who are resident or visiting Italy, when they are most at need, including in times of crisis. This can range from customers who have lost their passport to other more serious circumstances i.e. being hospitalised or imprisoned overseas or a victim of crime. We also assist British Nationals who require the necessary paperwork to marry in Italy. We are also committed to reducing the number of preventable incidents, acting on identified trends and issues, and working with foreign governments and other partners.
- Provide administrative support to the Consular team including scheduling appointments
and diary management
- Handling requests for Notarial and Documentary services
- Producing Certificates of No Impediment for customers wishing to marry in Italy
- Responding to telephone calls and written requests both in English and Italian
- Updating and managing contacts database as well as Consular event management
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Passion to deliver excellent customer service
- Strong organisational and communication skills in both Italian and English
- Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritise work and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a target driven and organised team environment
- IT skills Microsoft Windows and Office 365
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The ‘tirocinio curriculare’ is intended for undergraduate students only or recently graduated students still registered with a local university to complete their education/studies. The candidate will have to go through a selection process by way of an interview, both written and oral. Only applicants who will be registered students with the university for the duration of the internship are eligible to apply.
Prior to appointment of the successful candidate, the Embassy will have to sign an agreement (Convenzione di Tirocinio) with the university setting out the arrangements including tutor, health & safety and insurance cover.
The intern will be granted a number of credits (crediti formativi) as indicated by the university.
The internship is not a work contract and as such is not paid. However the Embassy will pay the intern a monthly allowance of €350 per month. This amount is not subject to tax under current local legislation.
The intern is expected to work an average of 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday, within the range of 9am–5pm.
Flexibility is also ensured by the whole section to accommodate the intern’s need in case of university exams or for studying.
Other administrative details are set out in the university ‘progetto formativo’ to be signed once appointed to the internship.
Interviews will take place around mid December.
Please note that applications will have to come through the university abiding by Italian law: DM 142/98. Individual applications shall not be considered.
Interested students can liaise with the “Ufficio Stages” of their Faculty or University which should send us the application(s).
Applications (covering letter + CV in English) must be sent to email@example.com by November 30, 2023.
Individual applications not coming through an eligible institution will not be acknowledged or considered for an internship.