ECONOMICS OF PROCUREMENT
Updated A.Y. 2021-2022
This part of the course, held by Prof. Alessio D’Amato will cover the following topics in the sustainable (and specifically green) procurement literature and public debate, related to the development and implementation of Green Public Procurement (GPP) as an environmental policy tool:
- An introduction to the economics of sustainable development and environmental problems
- GPP: an introduction
- GPP in real life: implementation examples.
- Is GPP an efficient environmental policy tool?
- Cost effectiveness
- Environmental effectiveness
- Incentives to eco-innovation
- How can GPP be improved?
- GPP design and economic performances
- GPP design and enforcement
Lecture slides will be made available to students immediately after the lectures. Additional references will be suggested in due time, and included in the teaching material of the course website.