ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND BUSINESS MODEL
Mistake in the upload of the home assignment
By mistake I uploaded the home assignment of the last year. I am sorry for this error. I have just re-uploaded the correct text, with the correct deadline and the request for the essay along with the presentation. See you on Wednesday.
Welcome to the module Entrepreneurship and Business Model
First of all, let me welcome you to the Module “Entrepreneurship and Business Model” (2023). Let me introduce myself, I am prof. Pellegrini and I will guide you in this learning process.
I hope you will find this module as interesting and developing as the previous editions. Being back in presence without restrictions is a nice achievement. This semester, as the previous, we adopted a blended teaching approach, so I will be in presence and we will have a physical class, but in addition the lectures will be streamed online on the TEAMS platform. Yet, the online platform will be your “virtual space” to work joint with your group. Indeed, as indicated in the syllabus the attending students will be required to make formative assessments along the module (no formal grade). However, this will give you the status of attending students.
Our first lecture will be Wednesday (22th of February) at 2 pm to 4 pm in classroom S10 (second floor, building A). The rest of the schedule is the following: Wednesdays (S10), Thursdays, and Fridays (P8) always from 2-4 pm.
The module is design with an experiential-centered approach to stimulate as much as possible your entrepreneurial thinking and acting, in addition to some (hopefully) inspiring new contents. As I just said, the lectures as per regulations the lecture are in presence and this will facilitate your “learning journey” as in most of the session there are specific exercise to be done in class that will help you and partially do your weekly assignments. So the attendance is mandatory.
After three years of using TEAMS, most of the following information are well known to all of us, but a reminder does not harm.
- Prior to enroll and participate to the lectures, please make sure (only if you are a new student):
- To activate Office 365 account Activate your Office 365 account (necessary only if you have not already done so). A guide to do so is available at: http://docs.ccd.uniroma2.it/office-365/. If you lost your password, you can reset it by accessing Delphi (http://delphi.uniroma2.it), selecting “activation of other services -> Microsoft Office365 activation -> First Activation / Reset Password
- To install TeamsDownload and install the TEAMS app on your devices (desktop, ios and android app or via the web) from the site: https://teams.microsoft.com/downloadsIf your device is not in the supported list it is possible to access TEAMS via webapp: in this case we recommend installing the Google Chrome browser. Support Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Familiarize with the new tool. Some useful resource may be: Starting guide: https://docs.microsoft.com/it-it/MicrosoftTeams/get-started-with-teams-quick-startTraining for end users: https://docs.microsoft.com/it-it/microsoftteams/enduser-training Support Contact: email@example.com In any case we at the following link you may find updates indication about teams with tutorials (still in Italian, but the support team promised to provide new tutorials at least with English subtitles): https://web.uniroma2.it/module/name/PdnHome/newlang/italiano/navpath/TEA.
- To participate to the virtual module please use one of the alternative methods (again presence is preferred):
- Directly from Web (browser working best is Google Chrome): https://teams.microsoft.com/l/team/19%3aOxE5oqCQv_cwXyxD58cI8iBADmL_VaVWdFAikdOvnvg1%40thread.tacv2/conversations?groupId=afdea05a-af2a-408f-8a38-edffc93c12e0&tenantId=24c5be2a-d764-40c5-9975-82d08ae47d0e
- From the Microsoft Teams using this code when requested to participate to a team (if you downloaded it and installed in your PC): brm6nwa (this code can be found in your classroom schedule on the faculty webpage or at least now it should be univocal)
- To attend a lesson on Microsoft TEAMS:
As previously said, I suggest you to be in presence due to the experiential cut of the module. In any case, I have already created the calendar of next online lectures in the Microsoft Teams platform. This timetable is already visible from the meetings reminders posted the general channel. However, if you want to have them in your calendar too once you clicked on the meetings (three meetings once per day of lecture), add them to your calendar (YOU NEED TO DO THIS FOR ALL 3 SERIES OF PLANNED EVENT). In order to participate in the actual online lessons, it is necessary that you on the day of the scheduled lesson
- Go to your calendar
- Click on the lesson of the day on the time indicated
- Click on the “participate” button
If you have any doubts or problems, please contact me. It is particularly important to attend the first lecture so the syllabus (already available on the website of the faculty) will be explained in details.
I am sure we will have a great interaction and learning experience. See you on Wednesday