The PhD program in Economics and Finance brings together two existing and highly complementary PhD programs: the PhD in Econometrics and Empirical Economics and the PhD in Money and Finance. The aim of the new program is to provide advanced specialization in Economics, Finance and Econometrics to students whose goal is a successful career in academia or in institutions that require advanced financial, economic and statistical skills. It offers:
- a distinguished faculty: courses are taught by distinguished Italian and foreign professors of proven teaching and research experience;
- a lively intellectual atmosphere: the program emphasizes breadth and a critical mindset; cooperation and joint research with fellow students and Faculty members are strongly encouraged;
- an international environment: the program enrolls highly qualified students from all over the world;
- worldwide connections: students are encouraged to spend periods of research in leading universities and research institutions worldwide.
Ph.D. students may choose from the following fields of specialization:
- Development Economics
- Economic Theory
- Financial Econometrics
- Industrial Organization
- International Macroeconomics
- Labor Economics
- Political Economy
- Public Economics
Analytical skills and a strong preparation in Mathematics are essential for a successful application.
1 pm, room A (1st floor, Bldg B)