Pre-exams can be scheduled only during the Mid-term breaks.
First Semester Breaks:
• 1st module Break: October 27 - 31, 2018
• 2nd module Break: December 17 - 21, 2018
Second Semester Breaks:
• 1st module Break: April 1 - 5, 2019
• 2nd module Break: May 27 - 31, 2019
Number of exam dates per year
Each course of the MSc in Finance and Banking will offer five chances per year to sit the examination.
In particular, the five chances are scheduled as follows:
- one pre-exam in the break week just after the end of the lectures. The grade of this pre-exam will be registered on-line in the following exam session;
- one exam in the first exam session after the end of the lectures. Students are allowed to sit this exam also in case they already sat the pre-exam previously;
- one exam in the Autumn Session;
- two dates for the exam in the remaining exam session. In this session students are allowed to sit the exam just once.
Please find the exam dates on the webpage of each course. Mind to select the proper academic year, i.e.: Spring term courses in the Winter Exam Session are related to academic year 2017/2018.
Exam Registration and Mark
In order to sit each exam it is mandatory to make the on-line reservation from DELPHI. This holds also if you only have to register the grade of a pre-exam.
The exam date of each course is posted also on the course web-page.
Exams can be written, practical or oral, or can include more than one of these modalities. Written exams may consist of compositions or multiple-choice questionnaires and are made available to students after the evaluation. Oral tests are public.
The final evaluation, expressed out of 30 points, is individual. It is a positive evaluation if it is greater or equal to 18/30. If it is 30/30, the exam commission can unanimously decide whether to add honours (cum laude).
When exams are composed of integrated exams between coordinated courses or modules, the instructors of the coordinated courses or modules contribute to the overall evaluation of the student’s exam.
Students can decide to sit on an exam on any session, however the recommended policy is to use the Winter Session only for the courses offered in the Fall Semester, and the Summer Session only for those taught in the Spring Semester, while reserving the September Session for exams failed in previous sessions.