Exams for each subject are scheduled on three sessions:
- Winter Session: January 7 - February 14, 2020
- Summer Session: June 3 - July 15, 2020
- Autumn Session: August 24 - September 11, 2020
Pre-exams can be scheduled only during the Mid-term breaks.
First Semester Breaks:
• 1st module Break: October 28 - 31, 2019
• 2nd module Break: December 16 - 20, 2019
Second Semester Breaks:
• 1st module Break: March 30 - April 3, 2020
• 2nd module Break: May 25 - 29, 2020
Number of exam dates per year
Each course of the MSc in Finance and Banking will offer five chances per year to sit the examination.
In particular, the five chances are scheduled as follows:
- one pre-exam in the break week just after the end of the lectures. The grade of this pre-exam will be registered on-line in the following exam session;
- one exam in the first exam session after the end of the lectures. Students are allowed to sit this exam also in case they already sat the pre-exam previously;
- one exam in the Autumn Session;
- two dates for the exam in the remaining exam session. In this session students are allowed to sit the exam just once.
Please find the exam dates on the webpage of each course. Mind to select the proper academic year, i.e.: Spring term courses in the Winter Exam Session are related to academic year 2017/2018.
Registration for the Exams and Grade Rules
Registration for the Exam
In order to sit each exam it is mandatory to make the on-line reservation from Delphi. This holds also if you only have to register the grade of a pre-exam.
The exam date of each course is posted also on the course web page.
Exams can be written, practical or oral, or can include more than one of these modalities. Written exams may consist of compositions or multiple-choice questionnaires and are made available to students after the evaluation. Oral tests are public.
Grades and CFU (ECTS)
In Italian Universities grades are given on the basis of 30 points: 18 is the lowest passing grade (sufficiency), and 30 is the highest grade. In case of particularly outstanding performances, a “lode” can be assigned and the grade is registered as 30 cum laude (30L online).
You will be awarded the relevant university credits only if you pass the exam of a course. Exams usually are worth 6, 9 or 12 credits. The Transcript of Records is being filled once you have passed each exam included in the Learning Agreement. The final evaluation is individual.
When exams are composed of integrated exams between coordinated courses or modules, the instructors of the coordinated courses or modules contribute to the overall evaluation of the student’s exam.
Students can decide to sit on an exam on any session, however the recommended policy is to use the Winter Session only for the courses offered in the Fall Semester, and the Summer Session only for those taught in the Spring Semester, while reserving the September Session for exams failed in previous sessions.