Pre-Enrolment Procedure (International Students)

Non-EU applicants

Non-EU applicants need to go to the competent Italian Diplomatic Authorities in their home-country to complete the pre-enrolment procedures. Students are advised to contact the aforesaid authorities for detailed information.

EU nationals

Eu nationals and EU-equated citizens do not need a Visa to study in Italy. However, they do need to contact  the competent Italian Diplomatic Authorities for the legal translation and the legalisation of the qualification.
All the applicants that have studied in a Non-Italian University must acquire the original Dichiarazione di Valore (Declaration of Value), which is the official document our Administration requires for the enrolment.


The ENIC-NARIC (European Network of Information Centres in the European Region - National Academic Recognition Information Centres in the European Union) is the official gateway to recognition of academic and professional qualifications.

ENIC-NARIC: Italian System

Questions to find out if you need a visa for Italy



Gather all the required documents and Fill our application form

Once you are admitted to the MSc in Finance and Banking you will receive the Admission Letter.


Download the "Pre-enrolment Form" , print it and fill it.


You now have to gather all the academic documents in order to prove the Embassy that you obtained a diploma, and an official translation of these documents. Here is what you need:

  • A legalised official certificate issued by the academic institution where you studied with the list of all exams taken (transcript);
  • Original educational qualification which allows you to enroll to a two-year Master of Science programme. This must have already been legalised by the competent Authority of the issuing country, or with an Apostille stamp;
  • Some Italian Diplomatic Authorities could ask you for a Legal Italian translation of the above documents.

Once you have these three documents, you can go to step 4.


Please Note: EACH ITALIAN DIPLOMATIC REPRESENTATION all over the World has its own deadline to submit pre-enrollment application!

  • Now that you received our Admission Letter, you filled in the Pre-enrolment form, and you gathered your Academic Documents, you should make two passport-sized photographs of you, signing one of them;
  • You can now take an appointment with an Italian Diplomatic Authority in your country (Embassy or Consulate) and then go there with the following documents:
  1. The two passport-sized photographs;
  2. The Official Certificate issued by the academic institution where you graduated with the list of all the exams you passed;
  3. The original legalised University degree or educational qualification and officially translated into Italian;
  4. Two original copies of the Pre-enrolment Form;
  5. The Admission Letter.


You now must contact the Italian Authorities once again in order to apply for the study visa.

You will need to provide them:

  • Economic Means (amounting to Euro 447,61 per month for the whole academic year);
  • Health Insurance Coverage (for emergencies and urgent hospitalisation);
  • Admission Letter