UniCredit & Universities Foundation launches the 9th edition of the UWIN Best Paper Award on women topics in Europe. The Best Paper Award is aimed at all researchers from the 14 European countries belonging to the geographical scope∗ of UniCredit. Prizes will be awarded to 2 outstanding papers on topics related to “Gender Economics”. The 2 best papers will receive € 2,500 gross each and will be published on the Working Paper series of the Foundation. Apply here!
Conditions for Participation
1. Applicants must:
• be either a citizen of one of the 14 countries* where UniCredit is present or currently employed or enrolled in a Ph.D. program at a university or institution located in any of these 14 countries within the geographical area of UniCredit;
• be born after 1982 (while for women the year of birth may be increased by one year per child);
2. The submitted papers shall be of outstanding scientific quality;
3. Applicants may submit more than one paper and co-authored papers are accepted. In this case, all the co-authors must be born after 1983;
4. Applications must be accompanied by the following documents (in PDF format):
• Curriculum Vitae
• a copy of a current identity document (in the original language)
• a declaration of consent to the handling of the candidate’s personal data pursuant to to regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016;
5. If the paper has been submitted for other prizes or grants, this circumstance shall be mentioned in the application;
6. Applicants shall indicate whether – and if it is so, when and in what form – the submitted paper or parts thereof have already been published;
7. Papers published prior to 2018 will not be accepted;
8. Papers as well as all the accompanying documents must be written in English and must be submitted in PDF format using the application online available on the Foundation’s website at www.unicreditanduniversities.eu.
∗ UniCredit geographical scope: Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic,
Germany, Hungary, Italy, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey
Applications Procedure and Deadline
Applications must be received by the compulsory deadline of April 30, 2019. Failure to do so may result in exclusion from the competition. As soon as the procedure will be considered completed, the candidate will receive a confirmation message to her/his e-mail address confirming the full acceptance of her/his application. Submissions for the Best Paper Award shall be treated confidentially. Selection Process The selection process will be conducted by an ad-hoc Commission composed of external experts/academic representatives and supervised by the Foundation’s Scientific Committee. The review process shall assess the quality and originality of the paper as well as its suitability for publication in the international economics literature. The Scientific Committee may invite candidates for an interview or seminar. The final decision shall be taken by the Board of Directors of the Foundation based on the Commission proposal. The decision of the Board of Directors of the Foundation shall be final and shall not be subject to appeal. Authors of awarded papers will be notified by May 31, 2019. The winners might be asked to present their main findings at workshops/events/initiatives to be held at UniCredit. UniCredit & Universities Foundation as well as UniCredit shall have the right to inform the public about awarded papers through press releases or other channels of communication (e.g. the Foundation and the UniCredit websites). By submitting their papers, applicants consent to the above terms and conditions. The granting of awards shall entail no further obligations for the Foundation and UniCredit. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions Taking part in the competition entails unconditional acceptance of all the articles of this notice.