Exams and Pre-exams
At the end of each module (36 hours) students could have the option to do a pre-exam (written, oral or both; the choice is up to the professor). The student who skips or does not pass the pre-exam, can take the exam in one of the following sessions:
January - February (winter session)
June - July (summer session)
September (autumn session)
If the student passes the pre-exam he/she:
- Can do the oral exam (if provided for by the course syllabus)
- MUST register the mark in one of the above-mentioned sessions. The mark will remain valid for the whole Academic Year. At the end of the Autumn Session (September) of each year, students will lose the possibility to register their pre-exam marks.
Exams are marked out of thirty:
- exams that are awarded a mark between 0 and 17 out of 30 are considered as failed and therefore must be repeated;
- a mark between 18 and 30 out of 30 allows students to obtain the credit points provided for by the programme structure.
- Examination Board may award "lode" (cum laude) to students who achieve thirty out of thirty (30/30).
The results of written exams are available on the online notice board of the School of Economics (bacheca online) or as otherwise specified by the professor.
Exams can only be taken after the course has ended, respecting the course structure provided by the Programme Office on the website of the course.
Marks are considered valid only after their registration.
Students will have to book their call, selecting it on the Delphi system and be present on the day of the call chosen to let the professor sign his/her booklet (libretto) in order to register their mark. After having registred the mark, the student will receive an e-mail confirming details of the exam (date, subject, mark). He/she has to confirm the mark as explained in the email.
If the student book a call and reject the mark or do not come to University on the registration day, the system will sign him/her as ABSENT. If there is any mistake occured during the registration the student will read it in the mentioned e-mail; in this case please follow the instructions to point out the error.
Once a grade has been officially registered, it is not possible to re-take the exam to modify the final mark.
Please remember that you must book your call until the 5th day before the exam date; after that the Delphi system will not allow you to proceed with your booking.DELPHI: Book an Exam