|Thesis discussion||Proclamation Day||DELPHI Procedure||Student Secretary||Thesis Submission|
|July 16 and 17 2019||To Be Defined||To Be Defined||To Be Defined||To Be Defined|
|October 23, 24 and 25, 2019||To Be Defined||To Be Defined||To Be Defined||To Be Defined|
In order to obtain their degree, students are required to present and discuss a written dissertation in front of the Examination Board. The dissertation is worth 3 credit points.
To be admitted to the graduation session, students must earn at least 177 credit points from the exams in their curriculum and must have no pending financial obligations to the University. The dissertation is evaluated on contents, presentation and discussion. The evaluation is expressed out of 110. The minimum grade to obtain the final degree is 66/110. The Board can unanimously award honors ("cum laude") as a special distinction.
INFORMATION ABOUT GRADUATION PROCEDURE
Students have to present to the Student Secretary the following documents:
• Application from DELPHI
• ALMALAUREA test
• Photocopy of the payment of "Bollettino 500" of 16 euro
• Booklet (or a photocopy of that, in the situation in which the student has to do another exam to end up his academic career)
Here it is possible to find some instructions for the DELPHI Graduation Procedure.
- OTHER INFORMATION:
• Final version of your thesis must to be uploaded in DELPHI (in a zip format) within 5 days before the thesis discussion.
• TURNITIN: the final upload of the final version of thesis must to be done within 10 days before the thesis discussion date. Students have a maximum of 4 loadings. CHECK HERE the Turnitin Guidelines to check if your thesis is eligible.
INFORMATION ABOUT THESIS DISCUSSION
1) Each candidate answers to a question about his thesis;
2) No presentations are allowed;
3) At the end of the discussion, the candidate can leave the room;
4) The final grade will be communicated at the Final Ceremony
5) The date in which the Final Ceremony will happen will be communicated together with the date of the thesis discussion.
At the Final Ceremony, all the families and friends are welcome.
FINAL MARK AND PROCEDURE FOR THE FINAL EXAM
1. Degree Commission
The Commission is composed at least by 5 members.
2. Final Grade
The Commission evaluates the written thesis and the presentation; the final score is expressed in 110/110, and it is attributed on the basis of these elements and criteria:
- Initial grade (it consists of the GPA): in allocating the final grade, the Commission rounds the grade to the higher or lower score (example: if the grade is 94.43, it becomes 94; if the grade is 94.53, it becomes 95 etc.)
- The "career points" are added to the initial grade, in the following way:
- 4 points if the grade is equal or higher than 102;
- 3 points if the grade is included between 99 and 101;
- 2 points if the grade is included between 95 and 98;
- 1 point if the grade is included between 91 and 94.
The grade (composed by initial grade and career points) can receive a maximum of additional 4 points for the quality of the thesis.
Honors: the candidate that reaches the final grade of 110/110 can receive the Honor ("cum laude") if the Commission deliberates unanimously.
Degree Certificate: the degree certificate can be issued by the Students' Administrative Office of the School of Economics (at the Ground Floor of Building B). You have to bring two duty stamps of euro 16.00 each, one for the request and one for each copy of the certificate. The document is available in English or Italian. In order to obtan it, you have to fill-in this module.
Diploma Supplement: once graduated, the Students' Administrative Office of the School of Economics (at the Ground Floor of Building B) can issue the diploma supplement containing the exams' list and marks. The document is available in English or Italian and it is free. In order to obtain it, you have to fill-in this module.
Degree Parchment: You will receive it during the Proclamation Day; if you will be absent during the Proclamation, it is possible to obtain it in our Student Secretary. In both cases, please remember to bring with you a copy of your personal ID/passport and to fill-in this module.