University American College Skopje & Universita di Roma Tor Vergata
This program, starting in 2018/19 Academic Year will allow qualified students to transfer from their Home Institution to the Host Institution for the purpose of completing their degree.
- Pursue your undergraduate BA and earn not one, but two diplomas!
- Spend two years studying in Rome and the third year in Skopje!
- Learn from the best internationally acclaimed professors in a truly global environment
- Gain a competitive advantage over your peers and unlock countless opportunities for your future career
- Be a part of an exclusive group of students to take advantage of this unique opportunity for a real international educational experience
University American College Skopje: a brief overview
The University American College Skopje is an institution for higher education that combines the best of American and European educational experiences. It was founded with the understanding that all people are created equal and enriched by education. Founded in 2005 as one of the few private and independent universities in the Republic of Macedonia.
The University is accredited in the Republic of Macedonia by the Board for Accreditation and is licensed by the Ministry for Education and Science to operate as an institution for higher education.
The University is accredited internationally by ACBSP – Accrediting Council for Business Schools and Program.
It offers American efficiency through carefully designed curricula that incorporates up to date professional literature and case studies from distinguished authors. UACS considers itself a Third Generation University – University independent from Governmental support, mainly teaching in English and operational in a regional or global market.
It is currently ranked as the 1st private in Macedonia and 5th on a national level according to the ARWU Shanghai Jiao Tong ranking.
Once students are admitted to the university, they must follow the criteria bellow in order to pursue the Dual Degree program:
- be fully enrolled in the Bachelor programme at his/her home institution;
- have an English level of B2
- have a good knowledge in Mathematics (at least a grade equal to 25)
- have completed at least 105 credits at their home institution in order to spend the rest of the program at University American College
- earn at least 48 credit hours at University American College
Course structure at UACS
|Principles of Management||9|
|Fundamentals of Business Administration||6|
|Business Administration and Accounting||6|
|Business Math 1||6|
|Business Math 2||6|
|Introduction to Microeconomics||12|
|Introduction to Marketing||6|
|Quantitative Methods 1 - Statistics||12|
|Quantitative Methods 2 - Operations|
|Introduction to Macroeconomics||9|
|Uniform Private law||6|
|Intro to Finance 1||6|
|Intro to Finance 2||6|
|EU Corporate Law||6|
|Public Economic and Policy||6|
|Quantitative Methods 3||6|
Costs of the program:
The students pay tuition at their home institution. (e.g. they pay the full tuition at University of Rome Tor Vergata)
Apart from the tuition, there are other costs associated with the program that students will incur whilst spending their year abroad: international travel; room and board expenses, mandatory health insurance for international students or equivalent private insurance, textbooks and miscellaneous expenses.