Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting 101 - 6 CFU
The aim of this course, which includes a Business Challenge, is to bring students closer to the real working life within the Planning and Control departments.
Room T7 (and Microsoft Teams)
First floor of Building A
School of Economics
One of the natural job opportunities of the Business Administration and Economics graduated students are the large Companies, and in particular the Departments of
Administration, Finance and Control. A key area of this department is Planning and Control, whose main targets are:
- To manage, industrial planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes and the deployment of the Company Control Model,
- To monitor the Financial and Operating results and related KPIs, highlighting gaps and suggesting corrective actions;
- To perform economic and financial evaluation for investments.
- Introduction to Planning and Control and overview of the main Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting processes
- Main Planning methodologies and real-life examples
- Company Control Model and the Profit & Loss
- Effective presentation and storytelling
Whitin the Business Challenge the students, working in teams, will have to:
- Hypothesize a Planning Model of a company Profit & Loss
- Present, as a team, the Planning Model during the Final Exam
Check in here the syllabus.
Interested students have to fill-in this form: https://forms.gle/boS9qvzipx54eYbH8 within February 17.