ECONOMICS AND EUROPEAN TERRITORIAL PLANNING
Updated A.Y. 2021-2022
Programme of the Course
ntroduction and education to a common lexicon
• policies and dimensions of the European Union development: sustainability, cohesion, subsidiariety, competitiveness, social territorial integration
•• regional and macro-regional approach to the cooperation
• Main changes and place evidence of the EU structure; effects on the regional organisation
• Spatial and Territorial policy and cross-border cooperative integration into the 2021-27 Strategy Next Generation EU and the Recovery and Resilence one 2022-26.
• drivers of economic development in EU: capital city-regions, cities and towns, metropolitan and large areas. Comparative case studies (Rome, Berlin Paris, Vienna, London, Madrid, Great region, etc.)
Modelling in ETerritorial Planning: from theory to practice
• Interpretative and predictive models: as models in space continuum, hierarchical models, in discrete space models, aggregated and dynamic disaggregated models, ecological and biological models, models for sustainability in competitiveness, polycentric organization and models
• From the review of Territorial Agenda 2030 to new relationship between firms and territory (i.e. industrial metabolism, Industry 4.0, Smart Specialisation Strategy, Technology applied to Creative industry, etc.)
• Cities in Europe: networks and economic development models, new functionality, challenges by Urban Agenda 2030
Determinants of the territorial development 2021-27
• the impact on polycentrism
• role of the new FUAs: inner periphery and shrinking phenomena
• ESI Funds 2021-27
• Cohesion Policy and territorial potential capital
• Technology, smart models and platforms in EU
•• Sustainable development: Green Infrastructures, Energy policy and Network od Protected Areas, SDGs, toward Green Deal amd neutral Economy
• resilience, new wellness indicators and new multilevel governance models
Case studies and best practices
Ttrans-national cooperation, programs and projects in EU and Italy
• Europe 2021-27 and the new Territorial Cohesion Policy
• Regional policy 2021-27, the 5 pillars and related flags (Climate Change, Energy, migration, technology, etc.)
• the revisited Territorial Agenda 2030
• from the Leipzig Chart 2010 to Urban Agenda 2016 to the new Leipzing Charrt 2019 again
• Paris 2015-2030, circular and green economy
• the new Blue Growth
•Strategy for Infrastructures, digitalisation and connectivity
Examples of EU (ESPON, ENPIMED, MED, URBACT IV, Adrian-Jonian, etc) and national programs (NOPs and ROPs, Territorial Agenda, Habitat IV, Inner peripheries and internal areas)
• Geographical Information System (GIS) - by STeMA and TIA
• data gathering, organisation and territorial geo-reference (at NUTS and LAU)
• Data base and Atlas – Use of ESPON tools
• Territorial Capital and ex ante assessment processes
• Territorial Impact Assessment process by STeMA
• Environmental Strategic Assessment process by STeMA
• how support the “decision making”
For the next Academy Year 2021-22 the typology choice is 'oral examen'.
In compliance with the University guidelines, it will be in presence
Exame session 2021-2022 Oral examen
1. The exam bookings will be available on Delphi as usual (http://delphi.uniroma2.it) according to normal procedures. Students are invited to participate in the examination
2. The examination appeal is in presence. It will be done in Microsoft Teams only for motivate questions, strictly following the indications as set out in University guidelines. In this case student needs to be prepared with a computer or a mobile device with a functioning camera and microphone, and a valid Teams login.
3. Registration of the examination session is prohibited.
4.On the day of the exam, the roll call of the booked students will be made in order to verify the students actually present, then the exam roll call will be open; students will be called to take the exam in the order deemed appropriate.
5. At the discretion of the Commission, it will be communicated to the Student as soon as the result of the examination or the next student will proceed to the examination.