Call for Applications 2021/2022
The admission procedure consists of an online application to be completed with all required information and documents by the set deadlines. Neither paper applications nor incomplete applications will be considered. It is the candidate's responsibility to verify that all compulsory documents are properly uploaded online.
Before beginning the online application, applicants are required to check the admission requirements carefully in order to verify that their academic background matches the eligibility criteria of the Master of Science in Economics.
The admission decision is based on undergraduate grades (especially in relevant subjects), CV, reference letter written by a professor who has followed the applicant’s studies closely, personal statement and any other additional information supplied by the candidate.
Only candidates who successfully complete the online application - attaching all the required documents (pdf format) - and pay the application fee by the specified deadlines and conditions (payment validation) are admitted to the selection procedure. Candidates who skip any of the previous steps will not be taken into consideration. Admission to the program is on a first-come, first-served basis. Since admission is selective, prospective candidates must apply online as soon as possible.
Once the application has been submitted, the Admissions Board will evaluate your application. You will be notified by email of the Admissions Board’s decision (Admission/Rejection) within one month of the application submission.
Admission process starting date
13 January 2021
Students may apply for admission even if they have not yet earned/completed their Bachelor degree. If admitted, students must enroll and pay the first instalment of tuition fees by early November 2021. Students will then complete the enrollment procedure by going in person to the Students Administrative Office to present their documents. Students who earned a bachelor degree abroad are required to take the original documents received from the Embassy/Consulate and the original Degree Certificate to the International Students Office. Students who are non-Italian citizens must also present their residence permit application receipt at the International Students Office.
€ 30 not refundable (*)
The payment form is available at the end of the application procedure. Online payments via credit cards are allowed (Visa, MasterCard, American Express).
(*) The following categories of students are exempt from the application fee payment:
- students with disability equal to or greater than 66%
- students who have earned a bachelor degree at Tor Vergata University with a final grade of at least 100/110.
The following dates indicate the last available day to complete the application (i.e. the application is complete once you validate the application fee payment on the Delphi platform):
- Non-EU applicants: 9 June 2021
- Italian and EU applicants; Non-EU applicants who reside in Italy; Foreign applicants holding an Italian degree and a valid residence permit: 25 August 2021
Starting date of the program
30 August 2021
The MSc program for all first-year students starts with the Mathematics course. Moreover, they are highly recommended to attend also the Statistics pre-course.
Enrolment usually begins in early September and the first deadline is in early November.
Non-EU students with a foreign degree must graduate by the pre-enrollment deadline that is established by the Italian Embassy in their country.
EU students and all students with an Italian degree must graduate by our enrollment deadline date.
Study grant for best admitted students
The announcement will be published at the end of August 2021, when the academic year begins.
Admitted students can apply as soon as they enroll in the MSc Economics (between September and November 2021).
To successfully attend the Master of Science in Economics it is necessary to have adequate knowledge of economic theory and quantitative analysis.
In order to be admitted, it is necessary to hold an Italian undergraduate degree in one of the following degree classes:
ex. D.M. 270/04:
- L-33 Scienze economiche
- L-18 Scienze dell'economia e della gestione aziendale
- L-8 Ingegneria dell'informazione
- L-41 Statistica
- L-16 Scienze dell'amministrazione e dell'organizzazione
- L-30 Scienze e tecnologia fisiche
- L-35 Scienze matematiche
- classe 28 (Scienze economiche)
- classe 17 (Scienze dell'economia e della gestione aziendale)
- classe 9 (Ingegneria dell'informazione)
- classe 37 (Scienze statistiche)
- classe 19 (Scienze dell'amministrazione)
- classe 25 (Scienze e tecnologie fisiche)
- classe 32 (Scienze matematiche)
and equivalent degrees.
For applicants who graduated from a non-Italian University, the Admission Board will ascertain the equivalence between the non-Italian and the Italian degree.
For applicants who do not meet the entry requirements, the Admission Board will verify whether they hold the skills and competencies needed, such as an undergraduate university degree with a strong quantitative background.
Generally speaking, a strong quantitative background means:
- NON-EU students: Economics, Business, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Engineering.
- EU students: Economics, Business, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Engineering, but other backgrounds will also be taken into consideration, mostly basied on the background in Mathematics and/or Statistics and on the student’s motivation.
In any case, admission to the Master’s Degree in Economics is conditional to the assessment by an Admission Board, by means of the documents provided and according to the application procedure.
The Admission Board will only take into consideration applicants who have completed their application. Students are requested to use just one email address to apply (that will be the email address used for all the official communications). After registration you will receive a confirmation email so you will be able to fill in the online form and upload the required documents in .pdf format. With your password you may enter the system more than once to complete the uploading of your documents:
- Copy of a valid Passport/ID
- High School Diploma: you must upload your high school diploma certificate (in English or in the original language of education). If you do not have the original document, you can upload a self-declaration, indicating the name of the School, the course type, the date of achievement and the final grade.
- Official Transcript of Exams: you must upload the official document issued by your university, in Italian or in English (other languages are not accepted), that contains the name of the university, the bachelor program and the list of the exams and grades achieved.
- Curriculum Vitae: the Admissions Board will evaluate the information included in the CV and verify the applicant's overall profile, experience, and knowledge.
- Cover Letter: strongly recommended.
- Reference Letter: recommended. Candidates may indicate, in the specific section, the name and the institutional email address of the referee. Once the contact details of the referee are inserted, the system will automatically send out a request to the referee for uploading the reference letter. The referee should follow the instructions in the automated reply.
- English Proficiency Certificate: recommended but not mandatory. You may choose to submit the certificate to supplement your application (i.e. IELTS, TOEFL, FIRST, CAE, Erasmus certificate, etc.)
- GRE or GMAT: if you wish, you may include GRE or GMAT results in your application, which may be relevant for evaluation purposes.
IN CASE OF ADMISSION
All admitted applicants, once they have received the Acceptance Letter, must send an email to the Admissions Office email@example.com to communicate their decision to confirm (or forego) enrollment in our program. We encourage students to stay informed and visit our website often for periodic updates.
Admitted students are allowed to proceed with the enrollment only once they have completed their Bachelor Degree (Laurea Triennale).