ADVANCED TOPICS IN ECONOMICS
Updated A.Y. 2019-2020
The module will explore the functioning of imperfectly competitive markets.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Static and dynamic imperfect competition
- Sources of market power: product differentiation, advertising, consumer inertia
- Pricing and market segmentation
- Theory of competition policy
- R&D and intellectual property
- Networks, standards and systems
- Belleflamme, P. and M. Peitz, 2015. Industrial organization. Markets and strategies. CUP. Chaps: from 3 to 9 and from 14 to 21.