Call for Applications 2022/2023
Applications for the A.Y. 2022/23 are now CLOSED.
* The 2023/24 Call for Applications will be available in January 2023.
The 2022/23 admission procedure consists of an online application to be completed with all required information and documents by the set deadlines. Neither paper applications nor incomplete applications will be considered. It is the candidate's responsibility to verify that all compulsory documents are properly uploaded online.
Before beginning the online application, applicants are required to check the admission requirements carefully in order to verify that their academic background matches the eligibility criteria of the Master of Science in Economics.
The admission decision is based on undergraduate grades (especially in relevant subjects), CV, reference letter written by a professor who has followed the applicant’s studies closely, personal statement and any other additional information supplied by the candidate.
Admission to the program is on a first-come, first-served basis. Since admission is selective, prospective candidates must apply online as soon as possible. Only candidates who successfully complete the online application - attaching all the required documents (pdf format) - and pay the application fee by the specified deadlines and conditions (payment validation) will be evaluated.
Once the application has been submitted, the Admissions Board will evaluate your application and you will be notified by email of the Admissions Board’s decision (Admission/Rejection) in one month after the application submission. Please note that candidates cannot re-apply for the same academic year.
To successfully attend the Master of Science in Economics it is necessary to have adequate knowledge of economic theory and quantitative analysis.
In order to be admitted, it is necessary:
- to hold an Italian undergraduate degree (or to be near completion) in one of the following degree classes:
ex. D.M. 270/04:
- L-08 Lauree in Ingegneria dell'Informazione
- L-09 Lauree in Ingegneria Industriale
- L-16 Lauree in Scienze dell'Amministrazione e dell'Organizzazione
- L-18 Lauree in Scienze dell'Economia e della Gestione Aziendale
- L-30 Lauree in Scienze e Tecnologie Fisiche
- L-31 Lauree in Scienze e Tecnologie Informatiche
- L-33 Lauree in Scienze Economiche
- L-35 Lauree in Scienze Matematiche
- L-36 Lauree in Scienze Politiche e delle Relazioni Internazionali
- L-40 Lauree in Sociologia
- L-41 Lauree in Statistica
- L-42 Lauree in Storia
- LMG/01 Lauree Magistrali in Giurisprudenza
and equivalent degrees.
- a minimum of 6 CFU earned in the scientific-disciplinary sectors SECS-P/* and a minimum of 12 CFU obtained in the scientific-disciplinary sectors SECS-S/* and/or MAT/*. If these requisites are not met, the Admission Board will notify the individual candidate of the exams that must be taken, and only after they have been passed will it be possible to proceed with the admission procedure.
For applicants who graduated from a non-Italian University, the Admission Board will ascertain the equivalence between the non-Italian and the Italian degree. The Admission Board will verify whether they hold the skills and competencies needed, such as an undergraduate university degree with a strong quantitative background. Generally speaking, a strong quantitative background means Economics, Business, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, and Engineering.
Other backgrounds will also be taken into consideration, mostly based on the background in Mathematics and/or Statistics and on the student’s motivation. In any case, admission to the Master’s Degree in Economics is conditional to the assessment by an Admission Board, by means of the documents provided and according to the application procedure.
Candidates must upload the documents in .pdf format:
- Scanned copy of a valid Passport or ID Card only for EU students.
- High School Diploma: you must upload your high school diploma certificate (in English or in the original language of education). If you do not have the original document, you can upload a self-declaration with your signature, indicating the name of the School, the course type, the date of achievement, and the final grade.
- Bachelor Official Transcript of Exams: you must upload the official document issued by your university, in English or in Italian (other languages are not accepted), that contains the name of the university, the bachelor's program, and the list of the exams and grades achieved.
- Curriculum Vitae in English.
- Cover Letter in English, strongly recommended.
- Reference Letter in English or in Italian, is not compulsory but strongly recommended. Candidates may directly upload a Reference Letter or may indicate, in the specific section, the name and the institutional email address of the referee. Once the contact details of the referee are inserted, the system will automatically send out a request to the referee for uploading the reference letter. The referee should follow the instructions in the automated reply.
- English Proficiency Certificate. You may choose to submit the certificate to supplement your application (i.e. IELTS, TOEFL, FIRST, CAE, Erasmus certificate, etc.).
- GRE or GMAT: if you wish, you may include GRE or GMAT results in your application, which may be relevant for evaluation purposes.
In order to apply candidates must fill the online application using the following procedure indicated below, from the DELPHI online services website:
1. Connect to the online Services Website Delphi
2. Select "STUDENT SECTION", Sector 1> Application to programs taught in English a.y. 2022/2023 > Start application procedures > Faculty of Economics > Select MSc in Economics.
The candidate must provide a valid email address to receive communications regarding the selection procedure. After registration, you will receive a confirmation email so you will be able to fill in the online form and upload the documents with your Fiscal Code and CTRL code.
3. Fill out the application form and upload the required documents
- Click here and select Box 2 "You have already filled out an application"
- Insert your Fiscal Code and CTRL code which are both in your application request received by email
- Upload the required documents in .pdf format
Once the application has been filled, the system will release the application form filled in .pdf format and a payment slip with a CTRL code written on the second last page. You may enter the system more than once to complete the uploading of your documents, modify your application, or re-print your application request. etc. If you need to recover your CTRL code, select Box 3 "Find CTRL".
4. Print the application form (to be stored and saved) and the 30,00 Euros payment slip for the application fee.
The following categories of students are exempt from the application fee payment:
- students with a disability equal to or greater than 66%
- students who have earned a bachelor's degree at Tor Vergata University with a final grade of at least 100/110.
These exempted candidates will still have to validate the payment slip of 0,00 Euros using the CTRL and AUTH codes assigned automatically by the Delphi online service.
6. Connect again to DELPHI in order to validate the payment and conclude your application.
- Click here and select Box 2 "You have already filled out an application".
- Insert your Fiscal Code and CTRL code which are both on your application request
- Select "Request validation"
- Click on CONFIRM PAGOPA
The results of the evaluation will be announced via email at the email address provided in the application form in one month.
It is mandatory to pay and validate the payment online within the application deadline.
Once you validate the payment, you can no longer modify your application.
DEADLINES FOR APPLICATION
The following dates indicate the last available day to submit the application (i.e. the application is complete once you validate the application fee payment on the Delphi platform):
- Non-EU applicants applying for study visa: 8 June 2022
- EU applicants, non-EU applicants who reside in Italy, and non-EU applicants holding an Italian degree and a valid residence permit: 3 August 2022
IN CASE OF ADMISSION (ENROLLMENT)
All admitted applicants, once they have received the Acceptance Letter, must send an email to the Admissions Office firstname.lastname@example.org to communicate their decision to confirm (or forego) enrollment in our program.
It is not possible to defer the acceptance. If you wish to delay your studies for a year or more, you will need to resubmit the application again.
Enrollment begins on 1 August 2022 and the deadline is in early November 2022. Admitted students are allowed to proceed with the enrollment only once they have completed their Bachelor's Degree (Laurea Triennale). Non-EU admitted students with a foreign degree must graduate by the pre-enrollment deadline that is established by the Italian Embassy in their country. EU admitted students and all admitted students with an Italian degree must graduate by our enrollment deadline date (early November 2022). For further information about the enrollment, click here.
All admitted students must be at Tor Vergata University for the beginning of the program (29 August 2022). The Admissions Office in July will provide detailed information (such as arrival, enrollment period, welcome meeting, and course schedule) to all students.
We encourage students to stay informed and visit our website often for periodic updates.
NOTE: Admitted students with a non-Italian Bachelor's Degree and non-EU candidates residing abroad may visit the following webpage.