CODING FOR ECONOMIC APPLICATIONS
Updated A.Y. 2021-2022
OVERVIEW AND PREREQUISITIES
This course provides an introduction to Stata programming for applied economics. It is a lab course.
- Some elementary concepts and tools
- Navigational and organizational issues
- Data types
- Functions, macros, scalars, and matrices
- Using stored results: e- vs r-class commands
- Data management and validation
- Prefixes, loops, and lists
- Automating tables and graphs
- Getting started with Mata
TEXTBOOKS AND MATERIAL
Baum C.F., (2016), Introduction to Stata programming, 2nd ed., Stata press.