Student authentication

Is it the first time you are entering this system?
Use the following link to activate your id and create your password.
»  Create / Recover Password

First things that new international students have to do at the arrival in Italy

In order to live in Italy, both European and non-European students are required to obtain certain official documents in order to formalize their right of residence. In view of facilitating the procedure, we have arranged the necessary information in a specific order, which we suggest you to follow step by step: in fact, you have to hold some documents before applying for others (see below all the steps)

1. Italian Fiscal Code

The individual tax number (codice fiscale) is an identification code issued by the Ministry of Finance which is needed in order to open a current account or sign contracts and is issued by the Tax Agency (Agenzia delle Entrate). It can be requested from abroad both by Italian and foreigners through the consular office.
The tax number is issued immediately upon application through Fisconline, an on-line service of the Tax Agency, and a card bearing the number is subsequently sent by mail. To request a tax number at a consular office it is necessary to complete a special form and show an identification document. For specific modalities (via fax, mail, etc.) please visit the website of the competent consular office.

In the situation in which you have not obtained it at the Italian Embassy, in Italy it can be requested from your local “Ufficio delle Entrate” (Tax office). A complete list of offices in the Lazio region can be found on this website

The documents requested to get the Italian Fiscal Code are:

  • a valid passport with Visa (if required) and a copy of the first page of your passport and Visa

For further information, please click here .


Office Hour: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 7.50 am to 1.30 pm - Tuesday and Thursday from 7.50 am to 3.30 pm

email: dp.iiroma.utroma5@agenziaentrate.it 

2. Health insurance

It is extremely important to have valid health insurance, as it is also required in order to apply for a residence permit within 8 days of your arrival in the country. Perhaps you already have health insurance, which was taken out in your home country and validated by the diplomatic representation prior to your departure.
If not, the two safest options are:

  • voluntary registration with the Italian national health service (Servizio Sanitario Nazionale or SSN), which gives you the opportunity to choose a doctor (general practitioner), who will deal with health problems free of charge, and prescribe medicines, tests and specialist examinations when necessary. Registration is valid from 1st January to 31st December.
  • the INA-Assitalia policy, which only covers emergency health care in public hospitals, is valid for 6-12 months from the date of purchase.

To register with the SSN you have to

  1. Go to a post office and use a payment slip to make a payment of 149.77 euros (cost of the service for one solar year) to post office current account n.370007, registered to: Regione Lazio, specifying the following reason for payment “Iscrizione volontaria al SSN” (which means voluntary registration to SSN).
  2. Registering with the local health authority (ASL or Azienda Sanitaria Locale http://www.aslromab.it/cittadini/servizi/stranieri/index.php ) office nearest to your residence address (you will find all the addresses on this website) bringing with you:

If you are an EU citizen:

  • your payment receipt
  • your TEAM/EHIC card or the E106 Model card issued by your country of origin.
  • The TEAM/EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) should be requested from the local health authority of your home country prior to departure. In any event, old forms such as the E111 or E128 will still be considered valid.

If you are a non-EU citizen:

  • your payment receipt
  • Italian fiscal code
  • passport
  • your residence permit application receipt
  • self-certification of residence or home
  • self-certification of enrolment to our University

To take out a policy with INA-Assitalia you have to go to a post office and make a payment of € 98.00 (for one year) or € 49.00 (for six months) to post office current account n. 71270003, registered to: Agenzia Generale di Roma INA-Assitalia, specifying the following reason for payment “Polizza sanitaria studenti stranieri for 6 or 12 months”.

More information are available here.

3. Residence Permit

The Italian Immigration Act provides that citizens who are not members of the European Union who intend to stay in Italy for more than three months, require a residence permit within 8 working days of their arrival in Italy.

First application

If you are an EU citizen, you do not require a residence permit as such, but you have to register with your local civil records office in order to obtain the issue of .the “attestazione anagrafica”.
If you live in Rome you can find on the website www.comune.roma.it , the module for the “Dichiarazione di Residenza”, that you have to fill in and present to your “Ufficio Anagrafico del Municipio” by person or through e-mail, certificate e-mail, fax or recommended letter with these documents in attachment:

  1. the passport or identity card
  2. self-certification of enrolment at our University

If you are a non-EU citizen, you can apply for the stay permit at any Italian Post Office filling the “Yellow Kit”, that you can find in the Post Office. (You can also ask for the kit at the Welcome Office, where someone will help you to fill it in).
It has to be submitted to a post office displaying the “Sportello Amico” logo, along with:

  1. photocopy of your passport (only the pages with your personal details and the visa stamp);
  2. documentation stating the chosen course and its duration and the stamp of the Italian diplomatic representation which issued the Visa;
  3. a copy of the receipt of payment of the health insurance (who does not have it, can buy it directly in the Post Office at a cost of 98 euro for one year or 49 euro for 6 month);
  4. a copy of the Italian Fiscal Code;
  5. the Formal admission letter from our University;
  6. the receipt of the payment due for the application for the Electronic Stay Permit. The cost of the Electronic stay permit is of € 30,46, and has to be paid with a bollettino in the Post Office.In addition, a 30 euros payment to the postal operator must be made at the time of submission of the application;
  7. one “marca da bollo” of 16 euros, available at any tobacconist’s

The post office will give you an official document (lettera di convocazione) with the date of your appointment with the specific branch of the Commissariato or Ufficio Immigrazione where you have to show up.
On the day of the appointment, do not forget to bring with you the original documents enclosed in the kit, the post office receipt and 2 passport size photographs.




In order to renew your residence permit you have to fill in the application kit, specifying that it is a renewal. Deliver the kit to any post office displaying the “Sportello amico” logo, along with the following documents:

  1. photocopy of your passport (only the pages with your personal details and the visa stamp);
  2. a copy of your residence permit;
  3. a copy of the documentation demonstrating the availability of adequate financial resources, for example, proof that you hold a scholarship or details of your current account;
  4. a certificate of enrolment with exams taken;
  5. copy of the receipt of payment of the health insurance.

Please note!

It is advisable to begin the renewal procedure 60 days before the expiry date.


  • € 16 for 1 revenue stamp (available at any tobacconist’s), which has to be sticked on your residence permit application
  • € 30 to be paid at the post office at the application acceptance
  • € 70,46 to be paid at the post office for the issue of an electronic Residence Permit.

4. To get the ISEEUP from any Caf Office

Students residing outside Italy, or resident in Italy but not independent from an household resident abroad, can calculate the ISEE parificato value in order to obtain social benefits depending on the family economic situation for the academic year 2022/2023.

The University ISEE parificato is the tool that allows the assessment of the economic and financial situation of the student residing abroad or of the student residing in Italy but not independent and with an household residing abroad.

When is the ISEE parificato calculated?

A student must request an ISEE parificato:

  • if the student is independent and residing abroad: it will be necessary to calculate only the ISEE parificato with the student’s income and assets and eventually of the other family members owned abroad;
  • If the student is non-independent and residing abroad: it will be necessary to calculate exclusively the ISEE parificato by inserting, in addition to the income/assets owned by the student, the income and assets received abroad also by the household (parents as well as any other persons belonging to the family unity).
  • Non-independent student, resident in Italy and with the household residing abroad: it will be necessary to issue the ISEE parificato for the student’s income and assets and, in addition the income /assets of the family unity residing abroad.

Which documents must be presented for the calculation of the ISEE Parificato?

To obtain the ISEE parificato, students must provide certificates stating the earnings and holdings abroad (referred to two years before the year of submission) of each member of their family.

These documents need to be issued by the competent authorities in the country where the incomes are produced. They must also be officially translated by the Italian Diplomatic Authorities of that country along with the income expressed in Euros.

In those countries where obtaining such documents is difficult, the documentation may be requested at the foreign diplomatic Authorities in Italy and certified by the Prefecture in accordance with art. 33 DPR no. 445 dated 28th December 2000.

How to submit ISEE parificato?

5. Finish the Application for DiSCoLAZIO

Students who have applied for Laziodisu Scholarship must finish their application by providing the following documents to the DiSCoLAZIO Office (Via Cambridge 115, 00133, Roma - Office Hours: Monday and Wednesday 9.00 - 12.00 ; 15.00 - 16.00 - Friday 9.00 - 11.45) :

  • the original of scholarship documents;
  • copy of the passport;
  • the payment receipt of the tuition fee (first installment – 16 euro);
  • copy of the fiscal code;
  • the copy of application for stay permit (permesso di soggiorno).

6. Start the enrollment procedure

Students with a foreign diploma have to go to the "International Students Office" international.students@uniroma2.it (Via Cracovia 50, 00133, Roma) and provide all the requested documents. 

After checking the regularity of the documents, the "International Students Office" will abilitate you for the on/line enrolment procedure.

In the end, in order to finalize your registration, you have to go to the "Students' Administrative Office" of the School of Economics (Building B - Ground floor – segreteria-studenti@economia.uniroma2.it) with all the requested documents.

The Students' Administrative Office will provide students with a booklet, where exams will be registered.

For more information, you can check in the section on our web-site dedicate to the “Enrollment Procedure”.

7. White Code

The University of Rome Tor Vergata is pleased to announce that a basic health care centre is now available for our foreign students and those coming from other Italian regions except Lazio Region.

This initiative was strongly wanted by our Rector, prof. Giuseppe Novelli, by dr. Giuseppe Colpani, General Director of University of Tor Vergata, Dr. Tiziana Frittelli, General Director of Tor Vergata University Hospital,  Prof. Stefano Marini, President of IMS (International Medical School), Prof. Andrea Magrini, Head of the Department of Occupational Medicine and Prof. Tonino Marsella, Forensic Medicine. The service is free of charge for all Italian students residing outside Lazium, for all European students who have an ENI card number and for students of any nationality enrolled in the Italian National Health Service (SSN/SSR).  Support will also be given to those students that want to be enrolled in the National/Regional Health Service.

Examination rooms, located in the Occupational Health Department, will be open on Mondays and Thursdays 14-16 on the second floor of the University Hospital.

This facility is organized on a walk-in basis, without any appointment. Students may obtain the following services:

  • A normal medical examination
  • ECG and blood pressure check
  • Prescriptions (according to the doctor’s examination) of therapies, blood tests, instrumental investigations, specialist examinations
  • Health certificates for gym.

A professional MD and an IMS student about to graduate will be working together in this health facility. The future IMS graduate will help the doctor in case of cultural or linguistic barriers hindering access to primary care. On the same days and time there will also be a nutritionist to treat eating disorders; customized diets may also be prescribed.
The following medical services will not be available: vaccinations, emergency, surgical medications or diagnostic and surgical procedures.