This is the follow-up message of our in-class discussion today about the new course schedule of lectures and presentations.
We agreed It is interesting to maintain Dr Ricci’s guest lecture about globalizations on 17 April.
We agreed to try and preserve at least another one of Dr Ricci’s guest lectures, on the last day (30 April).
We have two pre-set options for the last class’ lecture:
1) The World After the Cold War
- The concept of World Order
- The global crisis after the Fall of the Berlin Wall
- The Unipolar destiny of US
- The Geography of Uncertainty
2) The New World Order
- “End of History” vs. “Clash of Civilizations”
- “The revenge of Geography”: the geographical factor matters
- Brief overview of current geopolitical scenarios and crises (Ukraine, Lybia, MENA)
We may also decide we want to combine some elements from 1) and others from 2). In which case, please come to class with a plan already.
We shall solve this tomorrow as we see fit. Majority rule applies, but I am happier with consensus if we manage to achieve that.